Thursday, January 22, 2009

Addictive Personality

I have always prided myself on not having an addictive personality, but I really think I might have one. I am addicted to Blogs for sure. I love to read about other people's lives. I am addicted to reality TV. Now, I am thinking that I am addicted to getting into running/walking long distances to support organizations. I am going to do the Relay For Life here in Jacksboro. This is a HUGE deal here in our town. My MIL is heading up the team in Stephenville to walk for March of Dimes, so I am definately do that one. This one holds a SPECIAL place in my heart. I know first hand what it is like to have a premature baby. I know the sorrow of leaving the hospital without your baby, and bringing her home much later. Rachel was 5 weeks early when she was born. I went into labor at 25 weeks and was on bed rest for 5 weeks before she was born. So, she was a whopping 3lbs 12 oz. She was a resident of the NICU for 12 days before coming home at 4 lbs. She is as healthy as can be now, and we are eternally grateful for the care she got at Cook Children's FW. So, needless to say, I am stoked to be able to help out and raise money for this organization. If you so feel led, please make a donation to help these mothers and premature babies.

No comments: