Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The lighting of the house

Rachel helping Daddy

"I can't hear you MOM"


On the roof

Finally finished



Ok, so usually Lance is totally against putting up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. But this year, he wanted to put lights on the house for the first time. So, he got Rachel and I all excited and we went to get lights. We had to have light up snowflakes too. They got almost all the lights up, and we ran out and needed one more. So, with it being Sunday, Fred's (Jacksboro's Walmart) was closed and we had to take a break. I got one more box Monday, but Lance had a game and so we had to wait until today. I was cleaning the house so I told Lance when he was ready to get on the roof to call me and I would come watch Rachel so he could finish. WELL, I came out to check on them and THEY WERE BOTH ON THE ROOF!!! OK, if you know me, I FREAKED. I am a paranoid mother and just knew she would fall off. I gasped and just kept repeating "Please hold onto her." So, I did manage to get my camera to take pics. Everyone got down safely, and the snowflakes are placed and now we are ready for the tree when we get back from San Antonio. Hope you enjoy the pics!!

2 comments:

MJS said...

I love these pictures. Rach is such a doll! I agree, I would have had a heart attack if I'd gone outside to find my child on the roof. You've got such an awesome little family.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Lance put up lights!!
Wow, is Rach cute! I miss her so much.