Sunday, December 7, 2008

WE DID IT!!!

AT THE START



Amber running

The Fire


YES, Santa and Mrs. Claus were there!!!


Right before we headed home!

Well, Amber and I did it. We finished a 5 K (3.2 miles). It was a blast. People everywhere and even some SERIOUS runners. I mean SERIOUS, spandex and all. There were several things that happened while we were in route. We had about a 1/2 mile to go and we cam across a TON of smoke. I thought (was wishing) we were closer to the finish, and thought it was them with smoke machines for the finish. Nope, it was a parking garage. The closer we bot we realized that it was the garge we parked in. It was crazy. The smoke was horrible. It was so hard to breathe as we went by. But, we did get past it. Then a little further we went by this little old man, who was running the whole way I think, and he was with a police officer and I saw him holding his head and the officer was saying "Sir, that is what they are here for, you have a really bad gash on your head!" Oh my goodness, I was so sad for that man. So then we turned the corner and say the finish and we wanted to sprint trough the finish. Boy there were TONS of people there waiting. It was so neat. They had also placed people throughout the route to cheer you on, so that was neat. So, I know you all want to know this, we finished under our goal of 45 minutes and made it in 42. We were so pumped to do it. We can't wait to find another to do . It was so fun to go from not running at all, to running so much it hurt. It was AWESOME!!! After we just knew they were not going to let us in the garage to go home (HOPEING IT WAS NOT AMBER'S CAR), but by the time we got there we were able to get right in and leave. So, there it is, now it is over and I am sad. Can't wait to do another. If you hear of any, let me know.

4 comments:

MJS said...

Yeah! You go girl. I can't believe you did it in under 45 minutes. I'm going good to get a mile done in 20!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!!

Georgia said...

Way to go! What an accomplishment! When do you start training for your marathon?

Cindy said...

Way to go!!! That is awesome! I was so happy to find your blog while cruising another friend's!