Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Proud Member of the Kirby Family

It all started with a ring of my doorbell. Some guy was passing out raffle tickets for FREE, I know that NOTHING is free, so I was suspicious. All he needed to enter me in the raffle, was my name and phone number, so I gave him my classroom number and figured if they called me there, I could easily get off the calling list. As I was telling Lance about who was at the door, I was looking at the ticket and on the back it said that if you give them your number, you are consenting to have a Kirby salesman call you. Well, then I got excited, because we have a stain on the carpet that we had wanted to get out! I figured in my "2 rooms cleaned free" they could get that stain out. Boy, after that I was stoked. So when the lady from Kirby called, I was GLAD to tell her I wanted them to get a stain out and to bring the goods to do it. I had a great plan, I was go to get him going to make him think I was totally impressed, and keep him going until the very end. Then, I was going to thank him for cleaning my carpet and send him on his merry way.

So there I was, picking everything--"toys" up off the floor. When my doorbell rang again. In comes Larry with a box of goodies to clean my carpet and get that pesky stain out! Well, Larry goes into his speech, and he is cleaning away, and boy I was acting it up about how impressed I was. Secretly, I was shocked at how much dirt was in my couch cushions. EWWWWWWW!!! I mentioned that I can't believe that there was not any cat hair in the couch, and he asked if we had cats. I told him no, but we did have a Boxer. He said that he vacuums his dog quite often. WHAT? VACUUMING A DOG??? I could not believe it. So, I thought for fun I would let him try. Now, I am sure I have told you all how CRAZY our dog is, so this would be quite humorous. She was a little out of control for at first, but once he got her to sit long enough to vacuum her, she LOVED it!!! I could not believe it! Just in case you were wondering, she was very dirty. Her pin is mostly dirt so I knew she would be.

He then cleaned the ceiling fan, and that was also impressively easy. Then, he went on to tell me that I would never need a step ladder to get to the fan or even change light bulbs. WHAT? CHANGING A LIGHT BULB? I didn't believe that, so I wanted him to show me. Amazingly enough, you can change light bulb with that vacuum. Crazy I know, but true. Then he was showing me how to blow up a balloon, and Rachel did love that. Next, he asked me if he could do a corner of our mattress. I let him do Lance's side, and it was HORRIBLE. Don't let them do that because you will want one of these vacuum cleaners. It is better not to know. That was the kicker for me. I really had to have one. It was THAT bad. I just can't believe that is what we slept on. I have really always wanted one, and now I have one, and as I sit here, I can't wait to go home and vacuum. That sounds insane, but true!

No comments: