Sunday, May 17, 2009

Austin Pics

We take our 4th graders to Austin every year, and go see several things around our beautiful capitol. We started at the Visitor's Center, and saw this replica of the gate that used to hold the Deceleration of Independence.We also saw this replica of the inside of the top of the capitol.
We learned that they ran out of room in the capital, and they didn't want to change the look of the outside, so they dug 4 stories underground to house all the offices and all the extra space they needed. This is the view from underground.
This is the floor of the Rotunda as seen from the 2nd floor.
The Texas Senate and House only meet every other year, so this was the first time I go to see them in session. Representative Hardcastle invited us to watch and even introduced us to the rest of the House. He then came up to the gallery and sat with us and talked to the kids. It was really special to them, and me of course. I felt like I was around a celebrity!!! This is during one of the votes they did. They went through a lot of bills while we were watching.
This is Representative Hardcastle introducing us to the House of Representatives.
This was a view of the capitol from the front lawn where we had lunch.
We sat near this memorial, and it was beautiful. It is for all the Texas Peace Officers.
This was at the Bob Bullock Museum.My brother came to hang out with us in the museum, the kids LOVED it!! Thanks for coming Dustin.
I don't know how this picture got on my camera, because my camera only left my hands once in the museum. So, I can only guess that God took it for me. Isn't it beautiful?
God also gave us this sunset on the way home, this picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL! The dirty window of the charter bus is bad too, but still I know God sent that to us too!!!

1 comment:

Grace said...

It's ok just call the dirt on the windows birds and they will fit right in!