Monday, May 18, 2009

Kerrville Trip

Right near Hunt, there is the Ingram Dam. Directly across from the dam, is the Dam Shopping Center. Now, 9 years ago there was the Dam Store, a Dam Cafe, and a Dam Laundry! Now the cafe and laundry have changed names. Lo and Behold the Dam store is still there. I got me a shirt that say "I am one of the Dam People" I love it. If you are ever that way, you should see all this great stuff.We also went to Gibson's General Store. It is by far the BEST STORE IN THE WORLD!!! I hear this is how most stores were a long time ago, and I vote we go back to this. You can find housewares and paint next to each other. Sewing stuff and plumbing. From food to guns and ammo. WOW, I LOVE IT!!!! I want to have one in my town.Here is the pool toys across from the cowboy hats and jeans, and in the aisle next to it is electrical. I KNOW, fascinating!!!!!My maiden name was Cooper, so we are a bit partial to this BBQ joint in Mason, TX. There is also one in Junction, TX. Stop by if you can, BBQ is AWESOME.After all this fun, I was TOTALLY aware of the beauty God gives us to look at every day. I usually take total advantage of it, but Sunday I just kept thinking of how wonderful He is to let us look at this nonstop. So, I took this on my drive home! FABULOUS VIEW!!!

2 comments:

Grace said...

That sounds like something I would want to visit.

E @ Scottsville said...

Gotta love our BLUE Texas skies, huh?! =0)

My mom lives up near Kerrville in the little town of Bandera.

E